* * * FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE for website orders of at least $100 or more * * *
* * * All shipments Guaranteed Delivery by FedEx or DHL * * *
* If you want to specify a shipping method let us know and we will re-confirm.
* for some remote areas or due to political instability the qualifying order amount maybe a little higher.
Just complete the order for $100 or more (product value) and during selection checkout of your country it will show the shipping deducted from the total.
DHL, FedEX and ThaiPost have temporarily suspended transportation services from and to Ukraine, Belarus and Russia. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have alternative addresses you would like goods shipped to please contact us.
PerfumersWorld will ship to any country subject to the laws and restrictions in force at the time.
Shipping & Packing charges with guaranteed delivery are calculated as follows;
- Basic shipping charge by registered air mail: $20.00. Delivery in 14-28 days.
- Plus $0.90 bottling/packing charge per item.
- Optional Courier Service: Additional costs and schedule will be quoted based on your location and order details.
- Packing: 12 grams or less come in Amber dropper bottles, packed in sealed plastic sleeves. Larger sizes come in aluminium containers, HDPE or steel drums.
- Times are based on typical worldwide shipping times from payment confirmation to delivery.
- In the event that the the order is 1) low weight 2) less than 10 items and 3) the destination does not have a specially high shipping rate, we will reduce the basic shipping charge accordingly.
- As we supply these materials for educational purposes to students of perfumery they are rarely held up in Europe, the US or Japan by customs. As customs clearance is at an individual officer's discretion, and over which PerfumersWorld has no control it is the students responsibility to clear them if it does happen.
- We include an invoice and a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) in the package for shipping and clearing purposes in the unlikely event that they are required. The invoice with the shipment may be based on the insurance value of the materials without the service or educational components included.
- We never aim to make money from the shipping charges and subsidise the shipping charges on over 90% of shipments.
- Delivery of your order is guaranteed worldwide or your money back.
Please watch these videos if you are ordering for the first time.
Unboxing The Perfumery Training Kit & Opening Aluminium Bottles
Storage and General Tips.
Please note that the rubber teats on our dropper bottles are designed for active use and on long term storage will decay. Keep in a cool room below 20C. If kept above 25C the decay may be very rapid especially with citrus, aldehyde, terpene and woody oils.
Visually check the rubber teats each month and swap out if there any signs of discoloration, hardening, softening or swelling.
Ideally replace the inner caps supplied while not in use. If storing away between uses, use polypropylene boxes (PP “05” like Tupperware).
Keep only similar smells together in the same box eg. Citrus with Citrus, Spice with Spice etc, to help lessen the effects of contamination.
Why we use weight for ordering.
PerfumersWorld uses weight, not volume (ml, cc, litres), as volume changes with temperature.
We ship all over the world from Dubai where it can be +50C to even places like Canada where it can be -40C, a 90 degree Celcius difference, so volume changes a lot but the weight remains the same.
Counting drops is a very quick and easy way to experiment, test and prototype ideas and only uses tiny amounts of material. 1 drop from our glass droppers in the 5 and 12ml bottles is around 0.02 grams meaning that you get around 500 drops from 10 grams. However, when you upscale and make perfume commercially we urge you use only weight to measure your materials.
1ml or 1cc = 1 gram*
10 grams = about 1/3 oz, 10ml*
1 oz. = 28.4 grams
1 lb. = 454 grams
Note: Actually 1 gram of most oils and materials is slightly more than 1ml that's why they float on water. There are a few exceptions like heavy solvents such as BB, BA, DPG, DEP. The exact calculation is determined by the density/specific gravity. (Specific Gravity = Weight / Volume at 25*C)